Updated At: 2017-05-16
Some companies have one who submits Attendance records and one who reviews and confirms. A local personnel could edit the employees' attendance records when there is an error or mistake before submitting to the head office. Once reviewed by the head-office, a local branch manager cannot, of course, edit or delete the records. In order for this process to be smoothly transitioned to a timeclock attendance system, the system must have approval feature that is only allowed to certain access levels.
Shift Approval Feature
In Shiftee, an Owner Access Level can turn on “Use attendance confirmation feature” at Company Settings on our Web Admin.
Once this feature is live, Managers and Owner can confirm attendances recorded by each employee. Once confirmed, those attendance entries cannot be edited by Supervisors. In order for Supervisors to revise an attendance entry, Manager or Owner must unconfirm it.
Privilege for Managing Attendance
In Shiftee, the following Access Levels have attendance managing privileges and approvals can be given by an Owner or Managers only.
- Owner can maintain and confrim attendances of all Employees at all Locations.
- Manager can maintain and confirm attendances of all Employees at all Locations.
- Supervisor can maintain attendances for all Employees at his/her assigned Location(s) ONLY.
Implementation in multi-branch restaurant
- Assign Manager Access Level to appropriate personnel in head-office.
- Assign Supervisor Access Level to each branch's managing personnel.
- Each branch's Supervisor Levels can create, edit, and delete only until the attendances are confirmed and finalized.
- Head-office Managers Access Level personnel confirm attendances to finalize.
- Supervisor Access Level personnel at each branch cannot edit or delete confirmed attendances.
Learn more about Shift Approval.