Timeclock Area and Coordinate
Updated At: 2017-10-24
Shiftee Attendance works based on WiFi or GPS coordinates of the location set by the management. This help article will explain about using GPS of your premise to verify the activities of employees. Please read our Timeclock Area and Wi-Fi if your business premise is fit to use WiFi network as timeclock spot.
In order to make sure employees clock-in and out at specific store or office, you need to register specific GPS coordinates at your office or store to a specific location in Shiftee. For example, you have two stores locations called ‘Jim's Downtown’ and ‘Jim's Granville’ and you register GPS coordinates for each location which Shiftee will use to verify if the employee is actually within certain radius of that location when clocking-in or out. This way, the employees cannot clock-in/out for attendance unless their smartphones are within the certain distance from your store or office.
Benefits of Using GPS Coordinates as a Timeclock Spot
Some businesses have only one location and others may have several. Some of the locations may not have a reliable and stable WiFi or even has no WiFi network at all. Conventionally, many businesses used to install a special device or use POS timeclock add-on for employees to clock-in and out at each location. Setting up a new equipment requires significant investments in a number of equipment devices for all of your stores and incur maintenance costs such as server and repair. Using POS add-on for attendance has its own pitfalls.
Shiftee lets you use each of your location's GPS coordinates as a timeclock spot. The benefits are:
- Reliable by restricting the area of timeclock to a certain distance from the GPS coordinates.
- No equipment needed for all your store branches
- Quick and easy to set up
- Accessible by all of your employees
How to Set Up a Location's GPS Coordinates as the Timeclock Spot.
Shiftee, by default, gets GPS coordinates of a location when you create a new location and enter the address. To switch to use GPS from existing WiFi-based location, open Shiftee mobile app and follow below steps:
- Tab [More] - [Locations].
- Select a location you wish to register GPS coordinates to. > Tab [Edit].
- Turn off [Use WiFi for Timeclock] > Map appears. (If the already entered address isn't correct, the pin won't be at the exact store location on the map.)
- Tab [Use Current Coordinates] or enter the correct address > Tab the best address among suggestions.
- Move around the red pin on the map to set GPS coordinates to more accurate location > [Save]
- You can now see the GPS coordinates set to the location.
GPS coordinates of a location can only be modified by Supervisor, Manager, Owner access levels and everyone who belongs to the location will get a notification that the registered GPS coordinates have been modified by whom.
Learn more about Multiple Locations.